Psychological crisis can easily cause physical danger


According to Purdur University’s study, psychological crisis and anxiety can lead to one’s premature death, at least because these people tend to stick to harmful behaviors.

Psychological crisis is a type of damage to the mind that occurs as a result of a severely distressing event. Crisis is often the result of an overwhelming amount of stress that exceeds one’s ability to cope, or integrate the emotions involved with that experience. A traumatic event involves one’s experience, or repeating events of being overwhelmed that can be precipitated in weeks, years, or even decades as the person struggles to cope with the immediate circumstances, eventually leading to serious, long-term negative consequences.
However, crisis differs between individuals, according to their subjective experiences. People will react to similar events differently. In other words, not all people who experience a potentially traumatic event will actually become psychologically traumatized. This discrepancy in risk rate can be attributed to protective factors some individuals may have that enable them to cope with trauma. Some examples are mild exposure to stress early in life, resilience characteristics, and active seeking of help.
Crisis can be caused by a wide variety of events, but there are a few common aspects. There is frequently a violation of the person’s familiar ideas about the world and their human rights, putting the person in a state of extreme confusion and insecurity. This is also seen when institutions that are depended upon for survival, violate, humiliate, betray, or cause major losses or separations.
Studies have shown that high levels of neurosis can lead to premature death. It has been found that anxiety or stressful tendencies will lead to bad behaviors such as smoking, drinking alcohol, drug addiction and thereby increasing the mortality rate. This work is a warning that some personality traits can be very dangerous to a person’s physical health.
The state of prolonged anxiety and easy falling into boredom is the main trait of neuroticism. A person with a high level of neurotic sensitivity tends to be prone to anxiety or depression and to cigarettes smoking, alcohol drinking or drugs addiction as a way of responding to unwanted situations.
In this study, the researchers looked at how smoking and alcohol dependence relate to this personality trait. Results showed that smoking accounted for between 25% and 40% in the association between neurological and morbidity. The remaining 60% may be biological factors, or other environmental problems that “weak” neurosis suffer.
The researchers analyzed data on 1,788 people with their smoking behavior and personality traits for 30 years (1975-2005). This is part of the data obtained from the Normative Aging Study, a long-term study conducted on older patients treated at Boston VA Outpatient Clinic.
The study was sponsored by the US Department of Veterans Affairs and the National Institute for Geriatric Research.
Understanding the link between personality and physical health can help clinicians improve treatment and prevention programs. For example, programs that specifically target neuropathy can carry more effect than general outreach efforts. It is also possible to use this feature to identify people at risk for exposure to harmful behaviors such as smoking or drinking alcohol.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

© 2022 - Theme by WPEnjoy · Powered by WordPress